Banana Bread Recipe (Banana Cake)

>> Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I baked this banana bread long back and this was lying in my drafts for almost an year. Yesterday when I was browsing my drafts I found this and thought this should be attended sooner :) As nags says even I felt this recipe inbetween a cake and bread, however it tasted too good and got vanished in a day :)
Banana Bread Recipe


Banana Bread Recipe

Recipe Source : CookingandMe


Ingredients:
  • Maida - 1 cup
  • Banana - 1 ripe(I used moris variety as shown in the pics)
  • Eggs - 2
  • Sugar - 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
  • Butter - 1/2 cup
  • Walnuts - 3 tbsp chopped
  • Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
  • Salt - 1/4 tsp

Banana Bread Recipe Method:
  1. First mash the banana well and set aside. In a wide bowl cream butter(at room temperature) and sugar, beat well.
  2. Once the sugar is completely blended with the butter, add the eggs and beat it well until fluffy(I just used hand whipper). Add vanilla essence, mix once.
  3. Now add the mashed up banana, salt and mix well. Add the flour in portions and mix well until combined well.Finally add in the chopped walnuts.
  4. Preheat the oven at 180 deg C for 10mins. Meanwhile grease the pan and after the preheating time, pour the batter into greased pan and bake it for 40-45mins.
  5. Test by inserting a fork / knife in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean then ur cake is ready. Cool completely then cut into slices and serve.
Banana Bread Recipe

My Notes:
  • I misplaced the bread loaf pan :( so baked it in a normal square pan which was a bit bigger in size so the batter didnt come even to 1/2 of the pan so looks like not raisen in height.But tastewise no compromise very soft and yummy.
  • Increase sugar upto 3/4 cup as per your preference and banana variety.
  • I didnt use any electric beater to beat the eggs as said in the orginal recipe.
Banana Bread Recipe
This recipe yielded me around 10-12 slices / pieces. It tasted too good by itself but if you wish , you can add any simple frosting.

Banana Bread Recipe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP